Remember that diet you said you’ll start? It has been 2 years now. How about throw that procrastination out the window and make that decision to start now. Yes, now.
There are various diet plans available to you. From the certfood diet that transformed Adele to the popular keto diet. However, you can make a decision to just eat healthy without the label ‘diet’ attached to it.
Why You Should Eat Healthy
Choosing a healthy meal plan not only provides your body with the required dailo nutrients but keeps your body within the ddaily calorie requirements to aid weightloss. Eating healthy also reduces your risk of developing cardiovascular diseases.
So, after making the decision to eat healthy, how do you make the right diet choices?
A Healthy Meal Plan
A healthy meal plan comprises of heakthy food. Vegetables, lean meat, healthy fats, legumes and fruits. Here’s a list of healthy foods;
- Vegetables: Asparagus, bell pepper, carrots, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, kale, garlic, cucumber, artichokes, Brussels sprouts, celery, leeks, lettuce, mushrooms, radishes, squash, Swiss chard, egg plant, turnips, and zucchinitomatoes and onions.
- Fruits: Banana, strawberries, apples, avocado, oranges and blue berry.
- Nuts: coconut, almonds, chia seeds, and walnuts.
- Proteins: sardines, salmon, shrimp, tuna, shellfish, lentils, peanuts, green beans, kidney beans, cheese, yoghurt, whole milk, eggs, almond milk, chicken breasts, lean beef and lamb.
- Grains: oats, brown rice, quinoa.
- Healthy Fats: Coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil.
- Tubers: Irish potatoes, sweet potatoes.
- Others: Apple Cidar Vinegar, Dark chocolate.
With these healthy ingredients, you can whip up the perfect meal plan
Losing Weight Through Healthy Eating
Most people require less than the daily calorie requirements to lose weight. Healthy eating backed with regular exercises would get you to your desired goal weight in no time. For women, a calorie intake between 1200-1500 is perfect to lose at least 1 pound pee week. For men, a calor intake of 1500-1800 would give you the desired results.
Counting calories can over time become an unhealthy habit. However, being mindful of the calories you take in would help in the long run.